Introduction ~ Introdução

Hi Everybody!

     Welcome to my blog. I'm so excited to have this platform to share pictures, stories, and updates on my exchange with everyone back home! As of right now, I'll be leaving in less than a month (August 9th). The reality of packing has started to kick in, so I've been making lists and packing what I can recently. I'm going to try, and hopefully succeed, in fitting a year's worth of belongings into one large suitcase, a duffel bag, and a carry on backpack (thank God for school uniforms!). I haven't taught myself as much Portuguese as I would have liked, but I will have a five month language class to help me out once I'm there. I can read it very well thanks to my five years of Spanish, but I still have a very hard time understanding and speaking it. I'm very excited to improve my language skills this year.
     I've been texting and emailing with my first host family for over a month. I'll be living with Luciana (Mom) and her 20 year old son Luca. Her 16 year old daughter, Raquel, will be on exchange in Japan while I'm living with them. I'm thankful to have my own room, but I wish I had the opportunity to live with her as well. I haven't had the chance to meet my family over facetime, but I already love them dearly!
     Here are the main details about my exchange:
     I'll be in Brazil for 10-11 months (I don't have a determined return date yet). I'll be living in a city in the south called Curitiba in the state of Paraná. I will have three different host families, all whom I've been talking to over text and email. I'll be attending an international high school where I will join a couple weeks into second semester (seasons are flipped because I'll be in the Southern Hemisphere).
     At this current moment I feel like time is passing slower every day. Yes, I'm nervous, but I'm so excited I can hardly think about anything else! I have a countdown on my phone and a half-packed suitcase on my bedroom floor to prove it.
     I can't make any promises about how often I'll be able to update this blog, but I'll do my best to keep it up. If you'd like to receive an email each time I post, there is a subscribe button below the blog title. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, my email is attached to my account. If you comment below, please leave your name so I know who you are. I look forward to sharing my adventures with you guys!

Holly :)

Comments

  1. i will miss you so much couso. i hope that i get to see you next week! i love you and i hope that i can stay in touch with you when you are gone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you get to have this awesome experience! It made me smile just reading your blog post because of the enthusiasm and joy that you are anticipating. With that attitude, you can't help but have a fabulous year abroad:) I will be watching for your blog posts. Love you, Holly!!/ (Aunt) Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you're the sweetest! I love you so much <3

      Delete
  3. Rick Clark, Littleton RotaryJuly 25, 2019 at 4:14 PM

    We're excited for you as you begin your adventure in Brazil. Keep us updated through your blog. We have a link to it through our website: littletonrotary.org . Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--can you believe tomorrow you will be on an airplane to Brazil??? What is the time difference? Maybe you could do a talking journal on your phone (along with the blog, of course):) Love you, and am so excited for you!/ (Aunt) Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update: YIKES

My Arrival ~ Minha Chegada